On 20 May 2014 the National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF) published a new guide to help pension funds fully understand transition management (TM) and what to consider when choosing a transition manager.
This ‘Made Simple’ guide follows the FCA’s Thematic Review 14/1 which sought to better understand the TM market, explore potential weaknesses in managing conflicts of interest and examine senior managers’ understandings of client requirements and the strength of controls.
This guide looks at:
- the benefits of transition management;
- the costs and risks involved and how to mitigate and manage them;
- the life-cycle of a transition;
- how pension funds should decide whether they should employ a transition manager; and
- tips on choosing a suitable manager.
For the full report see 0385-Transition-management-made-simple.pdf
Should you require any advice or information on transition management, Cleveland & Co, your external in-house counsel, are here to help.