INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.cleveland-co.com is a site operated by Cleveland & Co (comprising Cleveland & Co Associates Limited “Cleveland UK”) and Cleveland & Co Associates Pty Ltd (“Cleveland Australia”) (together referred to as “Cleveland & Co”, “we“, “us”, “our”).
Cleveland UK is incorporated in England and Wales, company No. 07871988, K304-6 Kala Studio, The Biscuit Factory, Drummond Road, London, SE16 4DG UK. Cleveland UK is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (“SRA”) under no. 622069, as an alternative business structure, and as such all our solicitors are subject to the principles and code of conduct set out by the SRA. Please visit https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/standards-regulations// for more information.
Cleveland Australia is incorporated in New South Wales, Australia, ABN 31 654 249 519, ACN 654 249 519. Cleveland Australia is authorised and regulated by the Law Society of New South Wales (“Law Society”), under practice ID no. 38974, as an incorporated legal practice, and has liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation. As such, all our solicitors are subject to the Australian Solicitor’s Conduct Rules 2015 which are upheld by the Law Society in conjunction with the Office of the Legal Services Commissioner, an independent statutory body. Please visit https://www.olsc.nsw.gov.au/ and https://www.lawsociety.com.au/practising-law-in-NSW/rules-and-legislation/rules for more information.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to suspend, withdraw or amend the content or service we provide or advertise on our site (in whole or in part) without notice and without the need to give a reason. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
– in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
– in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
– in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to our site or impairment of the availability or accessibility of our site or which is otherwise harmful in nature;
– for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
– to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below);
– to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); and/or
– to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains (including without limitation) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
– not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms;
– not to attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack; and
– not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment, server or network on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
By breaching this provision, you could be committing a criminal offence under applicable computer misuse and cybercrime laws. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
– chat rooms; and/or
– bulletin boards,
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to our site (“contributions“), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
– be accurate (where they state facts);
– be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
– comply with applicable laws in the UK, Australia and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
– contain any material that is libellous or defamatory of any person;
– contain any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
– promote sexually explicit material;
– promote violence;
– promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
– infringe any proprietary rights including but not limited to copyright, patent, trade secret, database right or trade mark of any other person;
– be likely to deceive any person;
– be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
– promote any illegal activity;
– be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
– be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
– be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
– give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; and/or
– advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any contributions submitted to our site, or stored on our servers or hosted or published on our site.
By submitting contributions to our site, you warrant that any such contribution complies with these terms, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any contributions you submit to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Notwithstanding our rights under these terms in relation to contributions, we do not undertake to monitor the submission of such contributions to, or the publication of such contributions on, our site. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy or completeness of any contributions submitted by a user of our site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
– all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
– any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
– loss of income or revenue;
– indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss;
– punitive damages;
– loss of business, profits or contracts;
– loss of savings;
– pure economic loss;
– loss of information, opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
– interruption of use or loss or corruption of data;
– wasted management or office time, and
for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You hereby indemnify and hold us, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us and our, it or their directors, employees, consultants and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, damages, losses, costs and other expenses (including, without limitation, legal fees and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms or other liabilities arising out of your use of our site.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
TRANSACTIONS CONCLUDED THROUGH OUR SITE
Contracts for the supply of good or services formed through our site or as a result of visits made by you are governed by our Booking Terms.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our site. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
Failure to comply with these terms constitutes a material breach of these terms upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
– immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
– immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
– issue of a warning to you;
– legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
– further legal action against you; and/or
– disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms in your country of residence or any other country.
You may not use our trademarks, service marks, logos or designs, or any other mark held by Cleveland & Co, in connection with any product or service that is not of Cleveland & Co nor in any manner that is likely to cause confusion, take unfair advantage or cause detriment. Nothing contained on our site should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos or designs without our express prior written consent.
If you have any concerns about material that appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.