Understanding Investment Management Agreements
This course provides an introduction to investment management agreements focusing not only on the documentation, but what you need to know from a practical perspective in order to understand the services the investment manager is providing, as well as the relationships internally and with the client.
This is an introductory course suitable for legal, compliance and business professionals working within the investment management industry who wish to have a greater understanding of the IMA process, services and documentation.
The course is provided as two video sessions filmed at Southwark Cathedral conference rooms in London. The group discussion format in the video provides useful clarification on topics throughout the session, and helps provide a well rounded and practical perspective on the content.
The online course provides access to the same slide deck used by Cleveland & Co at the hosted courses. Links to other material such as model IMA Templates are also provided, so that you can follow page for page.
Questions & Feedback
Participants are able to ask questions and get clarification on content topics throughout the course. Once you have purchased a course, you will have the ability to send messages, questions or comments by accessing the messaging section at the top of the page. Questions are answered directly by your trainer Emma Cleveland and these discussions will remain confidential.
About Your Trainer
Your trainer for this course is Emma Cleveland. Emma is the Managing Director of Cleveland & Co and is a highly-technical and skilled professional with 15+ years PQE in the financial services sector with firms such as AIG, Threadneedle, Russell Investments and Aviva Investors. Emma was also appointed to the Investment Association’s (IA) Technical Committee in 2010 and tasked with rewriting the IA’s industry Model Discretionary Management Agreement.
Why Cleveland & Co?
Cleveland & Co remains the first and only provider in the UK to run specialist courses in the investment management space, and we have been successfully running courses since 2013. We consistently receive excellent feedback and repeat bookings from our attendees.
– “Excellent overview of the terms of the IMA, which is not available anywhere else.” Osborne Clarke
– “Excellent. Exceeded my expectations. Will recommend!” Skandia
– “Very good course and very professionally delivered. Emma is a great instructor!” Taylor Wessing
– “Emma, great knowledge and brilliant practical applicable. I liked the direct answers. A very worthwhile day.” M&G Investments
– “Excellent. Good pace and interactive making the course very relevant to IMA negotiations.” Aviva Investors
– “Very informative. Great group size. Very useful discussion. Good materials. Enjoyable experience.” Old Mutual Global Investors
– “Very good – lots of useful information, and the course materials will be very helpful in the future.” RPC
– “It’s not often that one attends these courses and feels as if they have taken lots away…” Skandia
– “Excellent, I would attend another of Emma’s courses.” Burges Salmon
– “Very detailed examination of the IMA. Brilliant Course.” L&G Investments
– “Really interesting and insightful. Thank you!” State Street
– “I really liked the way we were given each COBS/SYSC/etc rule that was relevant to the IMA. Generally very informative.” Burges Salmon
This course carries 3.5hours CPD credits. Please message your course tutor via the course page for our CPD course provider number.
Please note that from the date of purchase, you will have one week to access and complete the course, therefore we advise you to ensure you have adequate time to complete the course within the time limit.
There are no reviews yet.