Are you looking to break away from that ‘traditional law firm’ work environment and be as free as that heron in the top right corner? Are you up for making an impact and contributing to our high-growth firm? If the answer is a resounding YES, then we have a spot for you!
- leading innovation in legal advisory services within the investment management sector;
- a team of high achieving, success-driven legal professionals looking to make a difference for our clients and industry;
- valued for our dynamism and flexibility as well as focus to get the job done;
- disruptive, creative and fresh; and
- high-flying like the heron!
- independent, resourceful, and confident with great problem-solving skills;
- proactive, results-oriented and take full responsibility for your work;
- proud of the high quality of work that you deliver and are always eager to make a meaningful contribution to the team and the clients’ success;
- professional with strong interpersonal skills, business sense, and ability to communicate with all levels of management, staff and clients;
- looking for an established firm with an entrepreneurial spirit and flexible culture;
- looking for opportunities that abound to further develop your experience and skillset; and
- fond of the colour blue!
- trendy, industrial open space and a culture that reflects the environment;
- opportunity to immediately impact a successful and high growth firm;
- exciting varied work gaining experience from multiple investment firms;
- ability to spend time on-site with multiple clients;
- scope for fast career progression, training and skills development;
- external mentoring programme;
- performance bonus and profit share schemes;
- pension; and
- various other wellbeing perks
- *3+PQE, with an investment management background;
- at least 1 years’ in-house experience (either directly or via secondments);
- excellent working knowledge of at least three of the following:
- funds across jurisdictions (including mutual, private equity, real estate and hedge)
- investment management
*Dual-qualification preferred, or willingness to qualify in another jurisdiction, ideally in US, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, France, Ireland, Lux, Cayman or Spain.
YOUR DAY WILL INCLUDE:
Working within the team to take ownership of aspects of our advisory services, including without limitation:
- building and managing team and client relationships;
- financial services regulation;
- funds (mutual, private equity, real estate and hedge) domiciled in UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Channel Islands, Cayman Islands, Delaware;
- distribution and placement;
- investment management, advice, execution, transition management, overlay;
- custody and administration;
- trading documentation;
- transactional documentation (LPAs, Asset and Share Sale Agreements, term sheets, DD etc);
- corporate and commercial contracts;
- legal research and article writing;
FTE: £60,000-£100,000 based on experience. We are open to those candidates looking for part-time employment or flexible working as well as those returning from a career break.
Email Vicki McEwan for more information or to submit your cover letter and CV.
Our website also has loads of information about what it’s like to work at Cleveland & Co, our values and awards we’ve won: Our Life