Paaris Kazmi joined Cleveland & Co in 2022 as a Marketing Assistant to support the company in composing compelling editorials, interpret marketing analytics and refine existing marketing strategies. She is highly proficient in driving acquisition and conversion via digital channels and her notable achievements are testament to her strong grounding in a marketing discipline.
Paaris is an English Literature and Creative Writing graduate with over 3 years’ experience in copywriting, editorial and digital content, enabling her to identify and translate client directives into compelling, creative and informative copy. Prior to joining the firm, she embraced the challenges of the education sector where she showcased her skills through high-quality marketing collateral, producing cross-channel copy for a range of media outlets and high circulation print newspapers. She is adept at marketing with an in-depth understanding of current performance marketing tools and strategies, and has a proven track record of spearheading high-profile events and leading successful integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
Paaris is pragmatic, proactive and industrious. When not producing compelling content for Cleveland & Co, she relishes the opportunity to exhibit her creative flair by enhancing her calligraphy and hand-lettering skills.
Paaris has a proven track record in generating immaculate copy and analysing digital marketing metrics, converting ‘clicks’ to ‘clients’. These include:
- Copywriting, editorial and content editing
- Website management and auditing utilising advanced features of CMS
- Social media management and paid advertising
- Digital data analysis
- Data-enabled interactive forms
- Formulating guest posts for publishing on external media outlets
- Assisting with managing PR, marketing, social media and websites
- Adobe package including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- BA (Hons) in English Literature and Creative Writing (University of Roehampton)
Leela Fair has grown with Cleveland & Co and quickly proven her capabilities becoming the Acting Managing Director of our UK office in early 2021. She oversees business development, client relationships, and all staff needs as well as supports the CEO on the day to day working of the business.
Leela has risen to senior management very quickly through her drive and invaluable experience in financial service. Leela’s experience covers private equity, traditional fund, and hedge fund sectors and includes advising and assisting a range of services providers within the asset management industry including investment managers, investment advisors, administrators, brokers, custodians, introducers, regulatory platforms, pension funds and placement agents.
Leela is a determined and ambitious professional who is adept at working in varied and fast paced environments. Leela’s motivation, versatility and unflappable attitude, make her a highly valued member of the Cleveland & Co team. When she’s not inspiring us running the day to day at Cleveland & Co, you can find Leela reading through a cookbook and planning the weekend menu!
- Leela has developed a variety of skills namely in relation to:
- ACD Arrangements
- Appointed Representative Arrangements
- Authorised funds (ACS, AUT, ICVC, UCITS and NURS)
- Broker Agreements
- Commercial Contracts
- Hedge Funds
- HR & Employment
- Intra-group Agreements
- Introducer Arrangements
- Listed Investment Companies
- Pooled Pension Funds
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Regulation, including: Capital Adequacy, Competition Law, FCA Rules & Guidance, GDPR, MiFID II, Prudential Requirements, SM&CR.
- Research Payments
- Service Agreements
- Sponsorship Arrangements
Qualified in England & Wales
- Border to Coast Pensions Partnership Limited: reviewing all documentation related to prospective investments (private equity, infrastructure, private debt, alternatives), managing side letter and MFN processes.
- Capital Group: carrying out an impact assessment, advising and updating legal documentation for MiFID II.
- Commodities World Capital: preparation of marketing documents, negotiation of all legal documents entered into between service providers and the AIFM, and liaising with Cayman and US counsel in relation to the launch of their Cayman fund.
- Fullerton –creating a global travelling portfolio policy and an assessment report advising on the impact of Capital Adequacy Requirements.
- Hambro Perks: reviewing investment documents for EIS/SEIS investments.
- Investment Association – reviewing member guidance, advising on regulatory issues such as MiFID II, Benchmark Regulations and the Market Abuse Regulations, and assisting with the launch of the IA’s Velocity FinTech Accelerator.
- J Stern: carrying out an impact assessment on research arrangements, advising and updating legal documentation for MiFID II and GDPR.
- Kin Capital: assisting with reviewing and updating appointed representative agreements, custodian terms of business and subscription and shareholder’s agreements.
- Mainspring: managing all custody agreement negotiations with their EIS/SEIS and private equity clients.
- Association of Women Solicitors
- Mentor, Amos Bursary Programme
- The Professional Skills Courses (Kaplan Altior, London)
- Litigation Programme (Kaplan Altior, London)
- Legal Practice Course (BPP Law School, London)
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (King’s College University, London)
- Conversational Italian